We have been enjoying baking with our sourdough starter. The nice thing is we can just let it go for a week or two in the fridge and revive it when we want to use it. We are still new at figuring out the science especially with the room temperature changing so much (going from hot days where it is 70-80 degrees to 20-30 degrees). We have gotten a lot of tips from researching online and also from Hannah (from Ballerina Farms) she even shows the whole process of how to make the sourdough bread we do it a little differently but its all across the board similar steps, once we get ours down I will share.
The nice thing about these brownies is there are the perfect amount of richness and gooey. You cant taste the sourdough AT ALL.
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter
- 12 oz. (340 g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (40 g) dutched cocoa powder or regular cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sourdough starter discard
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
For the full recipe we got from HERE.
Below is the pan we used. We always line it with parchment paper, makes it easy to just pull out the brownies at the same time and then transfer to cut on a cutting board. Great for cakes to!